Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Mother's Day!


I had my first mother's day last weekend. It was great...it felt like another birthday. Most of all it made me really happy to finally be a mommy. I feel like it was what I was meant to do. Despite all the everyday pressures to raise a righteous, smart, and wonderful child, I love the challenge and the rewards. It feels like I have always had him around. I love Braxton with all my heart!


We had a great day. We went to church with Lex and Trudy. We all got flowers from the Young Women in the ward. Then, we went over to their house and got to talk to Landon (he got to call home for Mother's Day). He is doing so great and sounded like he was a local! It was so cute to see him excited to talk to little Elle. He kept saying she sounded so grown up. Braxton got in a little word too...more like a cry. I can't wait until his Uncle Landon gets home to play with him. After that, the boys and Melissa made us a wonderful salmon dinner with rice and veggies. It was absolutely amazing!!!! Blake (and Braxton) got me some great gifts. Blake and I got to go to a cute little Lodge the night before for dinner. We had bbq and it was pretty good. The view was the best part. We were in the mountain and could watch the sunset. Then on Sunday morning, he made me breakfist and gave me my gift. He got me an outfit and a gift card for a pedicure. We are also getting new pillows for our bed. I know pillows don't sound like a great mother's day gift, but they are to me! (I'm easy to please!)


It truly is our purpose as women bring up these precious children Heavenly Father has entrusted to us. I'm so very thankful to have a wonderful family and husband to set an example for him and for me! I can think of nothing more important or special than being a mother. I'm so very grateful for my mother and all she has done to teach and guide me. I'm grateful for my Mama #2 (Trudy) who has set such a great example for me also. I love them both so much!



1 comment:

Laura and family said...

Emily you are so cute. Love the pics, Braxton looks sooo happy!!