Friday, March 28, 2008
My First Job as a Visiting Teacher
Well, this month was my first time to visit teach for church. I have two inactive sisters and two very active sisters (including our gospel doctrine teacher). I have been really nervous about it because I have never had a visiting teacher, so I worked up the nerve. I had to ask my visiting teacher to go with me because my companion is inactive. So, I prepared my lesson and tried to figure out what I would do for each sister. This month we had to pick any lesson from the Ensign that we would like to teach our sisters. I was really happy to go with my visiting teacher because she is a new member too and we were out to complete our first visiting teaching job together! So, we jumped in the car, I drove and she navigated. Each sister we visited was so happy to see us and excited to meet us. I did not have a chance to do the lesson with all of them, but I just introduced myself and learned about them. I had a chance to pray with one of the inactive sisters who has not been able to go to church in quite awhile. She was recently baptised, but work has kept her from attending. I bowed my head to pray and felt the spirit just screaming at me that this women needed me there. I hope that I was able to make her feel the love Heavenly Father has for her. My first trip visiting teaching was a memorable one! I learned so very much about myself and my sisters. I don't think that I will be quite as nervous next time. I feel like Heavenly Father has something for me to give to these sisters and I love him for giving me this opportunity. I hope I can fulfill it each month. It is fun to learn more and more about the gospel and the church. So many things are new to me and fun to discover. One of my sisters gave me this website to help my family members and friends understand the LDS church...it is a good reference for us to read and to give them answers http://www.fairlds.com .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Emily you are so cute. That is awesome that you don't take these kind of things for granted. Gosh I have only one inactive and she is my nieghbor that would be way scarey to go for your first time like that. Good Job.
Angie
Emily that is so wonderful. This is Kimberly Blake's cousin in utah. Oh ya we all mostly live in utah. I have been married for ten years this year and have never been a visiting teacher yet until last month. After reading your post it makes me so excited to get out and do it again this month. You are amazing and I love hearing your cute stories about teaching or learning about the gospel. I cant wait to see you guys again this week. See you soon. check out my blog at aarondesmondsfam.blogspot.com but it needs to be updated but i haven't had time lately.
Kimberly
Hi Blake! Congrats on getting married! you guys are so cute! I'm glad that you have a blog so we can keep in touch. I'm sure I will meet Emily at some family event in the future. She seems awesome from what your mom says about her. Hope all is well!
Brieann
Post a Comment